FS Meinl Weston 2182 F tuba - SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Jim Andrus
bugler
bugler

FS Meinl Weston 2182 F tuba - SOLD

Post by Jim Andrus »

Hello Tubenet folks,

Up for sale is my MW 2182 F tuba. This horn was one of the first made of this model, and plays very well. It was formerly owned by Dr. Aaron Tindall who was the original owner. This horn also features rare gold plated tuning slide crooks and valve caps. Not many were ever made with that feature!

The horn makes a beautiful sound and can fit in a variety of contexts such as orchestra, brass quintet, and especially as a solo instrument. Intonation is quite good, with some usual F tuba tendencies. The only alternate fingerings I use are 12 and 23 for A and Ab top of the staff, as the 5th partial is flat (though G slots perfectly with first valve). A few notch type dings along the left side of the horn (pictured), otherwise in great condition!

My reason for selling, is that I am moving to a Meinl Weston horn with rotor valves.

Price is $7,250. Includes a red aluminum flight case, that is in good condition. It has definitely seen its share of trips, and the wheels are a bit squeaky, but it does an awesome job protecting the horn, and it also includes a gig bag. Located in Salt Lake City, UT, and I'd prefer not to ship but it could be arranged, see below comments for info related to shipping.

Pictures and a video of it in action from my masters recital (during height of covid, so mask and bell cover were required!) :

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Thanks for looking!
Last edited by Jim Andrus on Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Jim Andrus
bugler
bugler

Re: FS Meinl Weston 2182 F tuba

Post by Jim Andrus »

Bump. Open to reasonable offers, shoot me a message!
Jim Andrus
bugler
bugler

Post by Jim Andrus »

Bump!
swillafew
5 valves
5 valves

Post by swillafew »

I use one of these as my primary axe, and it has worked very well indeed.
MORE AIR
Jim Andrus
bugler
bugler

Post by Jim Andrus »

It is a great instrument. Can fit in many different settings, has a beautiful sound, and a good low register! Awesome solo horn.
Jim Andrus
bugler
bugler

Post by Jim Andrus »

Bump!
Jim Andrus
bugler
bugler

Re: FS Meinl Weston 2182 F tuba PRICE DROP

Post by Jim Andrus »

Price now $8,000.
Jim Andrus
bugler
bugler

Re: FS Meinl Weston 2182 F tuba - PRICE DROP $7250 ($100 flat rate shipping, cont. US!)

Post by Jim Andrus »

Price drop - $7,250 firm. I will also ship the instrument for a flat $100 rate within the continental US.
Jim Andrus
bugler
bugler

Re: FS Meinl Weston 2182 F tuba - SOLD

Post by Jim Andrus »

Horn has sold, thanks for all the inquiries!