FS: Yamaha 642S Euphonium - Midwest US - $3000 OBO

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
schroederlukas
lurker
lurker

FS: Yamaha 642S Euphonium - Midwest US - $3000 OBO

Post by schroederlukas »

I've owned this Yamaha 642S for 12 years and have kept it in great shape for its age. I played it through two degrees in music in all sorts of musical settings -- solo, chamber, jazz, and large ensembles -- and the horn's versatility served me admirably in all situations.

Asking $3,000 OBO. Can drop off in mid-Missouri through July 31st, Michigan through August 15th. Also passing through Chicago, Milwaukee, Iowa City, etc. Would prefer to drop off but will consider shipping at buyer's expense.

Photos and details here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/m6RhdmN3QmUEFVRc8

The horn has no functional damage and only light cosmetic issues -- a few small dents, light scratches, and pinholes in the finish on the third valve tubing. The pinholes have not impacted the interior yellow brass. Improvements include cork finish on the fourth valve lock, recently replaced mother of pearl valve caps, and replating on the front of the second valve tubing where pinholes began rubbing away the finish. There was minor valve work done around five years ago, which had no effect on the horn's sound and wonderful agility. The horn has been professionally tuned up and cleaned.

Included:

Yamaha 642S - great condition for it's age
Protec Euphonium Gig Bag with adjustable Shoulder Straps - like new excepting minor scuffing
Original Yamaha Brown-shelled Hard Case - fits the horn as intended, but has major scuffing and deterioration to the interior vinyl
Bach rubber water catcher/valve gutter
Colelmore
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: Yamaha 642S Euphonium - Midwest US - $3000 OBO

Post by Colelmore »

Did this euphonium sell? If not then I am definitely interested.
Colelmore
bugler
bugler

Post by Colelmore »

Please check your DM. I am still interested!
schroederlukas
lurker
lurker

Post by schroederlukas »

The horn is sold!