ZO TU8000 "Falcon" Piston F Tuba for Sale

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Andy Rummel
pro musician
pro musician

ZO TU8000 "Falcon" Piston F Tuba for Sale

Post by Andy Rummel »

Hi all,

For sale is my wonderful ZO "Falcon" piston F tuba. The tuba is a little over a year old and is in like-new condition. My technician moved the thumb ring and as a result of the high heat needed for the process, the plating is coming off the ring. I also had my tech fabricate a small extension for the 5th valve linkage rod to help improve ergonomics in the right hand. There is one tiny dent on the 4th valve tubing which is shown in the photo. Other than that, the horn is in pristine condition.

The tuba came with a gig bag, but it was MUCH too large for the instrument and I replaced it with a Miraphone Petrushka bag which fits like a glove. The horn does not have a hard case.

The tuba plays very, very well. I have used it in solo and chamber environments and it worked beautifully. Intonation is above average for a piston F tuba. I do use third valve for some 1-2 combinations but that is for personal preference and not necessity. This is the first piston F tuba that I have fallen in love with as I have played rotary horns most all of my career. The only reason I am selling is that I am making the switch back to a rotor horn for the time being. If my financial officer at home would let me keep it I would definitely do that. 🙂

Price is $5200. The tuba is located in Bloomington/Normal, Illinois. We are 2 hours from Chicago, 2.5 from St. Louis and about 2:45 to Indianapolis. I would travel a bit to meet a potential buyer, but once school starts up it will be much more difficult to get away. I am happy to ship at buyers expense, but please remember that the tuba doesn't have a hard case.

This is a wonderful instrument and, to my understanding, there is a fairly long waiting list for this horn. Feel free to PM with any questions. Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Andy Rummel