FS: York Model 786 BBb "Monster" Sousaphone $4000

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
kburke
lurker
lurker

FS: York Model 786 BBb "Monster" Sousaphone $4000

Post by kburke »

A great example of this c.1934 vintage Horn. Badged as the York Band Instrument Company, the horn is is in great original shape with the exception of a beautifully re-manufactured (retaining original parts) mouthpiece receiver. It is silver, with a gold-washed, 26" bell. Heavy, at 34-35lbs -- it has "outgrown" my willingness and desire to manhandle it. Unique aspects: each of the valves has a little spring-loaded spit key on the bottom cap and the two bits and the upper mouthpiece receiver have threaded collars so once adjusted, they can be screwed down and locked in place. The bell screws (one of which is missing) have set screws in them so they too can be locked once adjusted. Never seen these little details on any other horn. Included original wood case has details like a fleece-like (remember, this is 1934) blanket to protect the bell finish. Also included: two mouthpieces -- critical because the shank size required to fit the receiver and bits is dramatically larger than any standard mouthpiece. Horn currently resides in Ann Arbor and would have to be picked-up or shipped from there. PM or e-mail me at henrystellafriday@gmail.com and I will figure out a way to get pictures if interested. Also the Simonetti Collection possesses one of these a few years older and had several representative pics on its' site.
kburke
lurker
lurker

Re: FS: York Model 786 BBb "Monster" Sousaphone $4000

Post by kburke »

Bump. :tuba: