SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
arpthark
5 valves
5 valves

SOLD

Post by arpthark »

EDIT: Sold, thanks!
I have had fun with this little tuba, but I don't have a real use for it at this time.

This is a silver, German or Czech BBb tuba made probably 100 years ago. No maker name, 14" bell, 3/4 size, extremely light weight. This would be an excellent strolling/quintet tuba. The fourth valve was originally a two whole step combination (23) that has been lengthened to the normal 2-and-a-half step length. The intonation is very good. Clock spring rotors are individually adjustable and work very well. Valve compression is excellent.

The leadpipe is copper and custom-made/custom-fit by the previous owner. He did a damn good job, but there is evidence of cracking in one ferrule. I have not detected any leaks.

Various dents and dings along the horn that are to be expected with a tuba this old, along with some plating loss and evidence of past repair near the lead pipe and thumb ring. The second valve slide is stuck. The water key is missing the spring. I can get both of these issues addressed before sale. All other valve slides have been cleaned and greased and move quite well. I also recently chem-cleaned the innards and removed most of the tarnish from the tuba. The rotors move great.

All these factors are considered in the price; it is what it is. No case. Asking $600, located in Southeast Connecticut but can travel a reasonable distance to meet you in the New England/New York/New Jersey/eastern PA area. Shipping possible at buyer's expense and complete liability.

Thanks!
Blake

Pics:

Last edited by arpthark on Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
bhall1224
lurker
lurker

Re: FS: 4v silver German BBb tuba $600

Post by bhall1224 »

PM sent
Trying not to break things or make clammy honks
-Bryan :)