FS: B&S Symphonie F (Sold)

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Ethan M
bugler
bugler

FS: B&S Symphonie F (Sold)

Post by Ethan M »

Hi everyone!

I’m listing my B&S Symphonie (4+2) for sale. I’ve owned the horn for a little over 18 months, and have used the horn to advance and place in competitions and auditions since I’ve had it. Between quite good intonation and extra fingering options offered by the sixth valve, I don't move slides much. Response is quick and even across the registers. The linkage is not original and was put on for the previous owner by Lee Stofer some time before I purchased the instrument. At some point in the instrument’s long history, someone did some suspect work on the valves, which occasionally results in a slightly heavier valve action. I use a heavier valve oil, which seems to help. I just had some worn out springs replaced, which has evened things out a lot. Aside from that, there isn’t much to say about the condition. The lacquer is long gone, but the raw brass develops a nice patina between cleanings. There are no dents to speak of and the garland is in great shape. A black cordura Cronkhite bag in excellent condition is included with the instrument. This is a great-playing horn with a classic sound!

Price and shipping: I’m looking to get $8750 for the horn and the gig bag. I’m currently located in Bowling Green, Ohio and do not want to ship the instrument, but I am willing to drive a reasonable distance to meet a serious buyer. I’ll be driving back to Lincoln, NE at some point before Christmas and could make a delivery near I-80 between here and there as well.

Trades: I’m mostly looking to sell this instrument, but would consider trades (with cash, if necessary) for the following in lacquer or raw brass: MW 2250, B&S MRP F, Miraphone Elektra, and possibly a Petrushka or Firebird. Feel free to ask, the worst I can say is no!

Pictures: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... share_link

Feel free to contact me here or at millington.ethan@gmail.com with any questions. Thanks!
Last edited by Ethan M on Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Roger Lewis
pro musician
pro musician

Re: FS: B&S Symphonie F

Post by Roger Lewis »

I’m definitely interested but won’t have the cash until I sell my Hirsbrunner York model. It’s out on trial right now but I may have the cash in a couple of weeks.

Best of luck.
Roger Lewis
"The music business is a cruel and shallow trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson
Ethan M
bugler
bugler

Post by Ethan M »

Bump and update: I had the aforementioned worn-out springs replaced and the valve action feels great now!
Ethan M
bugler
bugler

Post by Ethan M »

Bump. Instrument is ready to move now, reach out with any questions or offers!
sousakrue
bugler
bugler

Post by sousakrue »

Email sent
Chris Krueger
Eastman 836 CC
Yamaha YFB-822S F
Band Director, tuba player and music lover