Selling my 1291 5 valve BBb with factory hard case.

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Roger Lewis
pro musician
pro musician

Selling my 1291 5 valve BBb with factory hard case.

Post by Roger Lewis »

Hi Everyone.
I’ve decided to sell my 1291 Bbb. It has 5 valves (5th tuned to a flat whole step). This is a very special horn and is the very first production model after the prototype. It was in the show collection and was traveled extensively and of course, sustained some bell damage. Mark Metzler just cleaned the instrument and did a valve alignment on it as well as tweaking the bell and bows. It’s a monster player that I call my earthquake machine. Great pitch all around with a fantastic low range.
I used it mostly for brass band work and I’m no longer playing with them so I don’t need the horn.

Lacquer finish with a factory hard case. The only difference between this horn and the more recent ones is that Miraphone put a bigger 5th valve on the new ones.

Asking $7,000.00. Horn is located on Sturgis, Michigan just 3 miles north of the Indiana Toll Road. You can reach me here or through my personal email which is:
Pmflewis (at) gmail (dot) com. Thanks for your time. Pictures to follow tomorrow.

If you have any questions on how it plays, Matt Gaunt recently spent some time with this horn.

https://lh3.google.com/u/0/d/1ICZ7SPyKW ... p-k-nu-iv1

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... -I7Le-dAj_
"The music business is a cruel and shallow trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson