Possible Ft: PT10 for Miraphone F

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
benvas
bugler
bugler

Possible Ft: PT10 for Miraphone F

Post by benvas »

Hey y’all,

I’m not totally sure about this yet but I’m considering trading my PT10 for a Miraphone F, preferably an Elektra or Firebird. Following the rules, selling price would be $11k. Built in 2015, rebuilt last year by Aaron Beck. No modifications, horn is raw brass. I’m the second owner and this tuba freaking rocks- got me through grad school, competitions, auditions, played with some good groups. I am intrigued by the Miraphone sound and would need to find the right trade to really go through with it, but I’d love to see what’s out there! Thanks for reading. Horn is in Boston, MA.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ben Vasko
Boston, MA
http://www.benvasko.com
benvas
bugler
bugler

Re: Possible Ft: PT10 for Miraphone F

Post by benvas »

Bump for any feelers out there. Might be open to selling!
Ben Vasko
Boston, MA
http://www.benvasko.com
anotherjtm2
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Possible Ft: PT10 for Miraphone F

Post by anotherjtm2 »

I don't have the trade you want, but I'd never bothered to look at a PT10 before, so I'm really struck by how it looks exactly like my older Miraphone 181. Maybe my 181 has more of a PT10 sound than a "Miraphone sound".
John Morris
- 1960s CC Scherzer/Sander