Eastman 836 CC for sale - 7500

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
AHynds
3 valves
3 valves

Eastman 836 CC for sale - 7500

Post by AHynds »

Hello, folks!

As much as I love my Eastman 836, my career and personal priorities have shifted a lot recently and I'm looking to downsize back to one tuba. For now, I'm going to start by offering my 836 for sale, details below.

This is a lacquer 836 that was purchased from Dillon Music in June of last year. It plays great, and only has a few things to be aware of. First of all, there's a dent in the bottom of the bell stack. Pictures can be found here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing. There is also a small patch on the branch for the fourth valve, which was placed by the folks at Dillon Music. It's difficult to see, and pretty much impossible to photograph--it is back in the guts of the instrument. Matt Walters told me it's something that might need to be replaced in 20 years or so, so it's pretty solid and absolutely does not effect the playing of the horn.

The horn comes with the Eastman hard case, and I'll throw in my Wessex tuba stand as well. The price is $7500 for tuba, case, and stand. No shipping at this time, but I am willing to drive a fair distance to facilitate a sale. I live in Lexington, KY, which is pretty centrally located in the eastern/Midwest part of the country.

Thanks for looking! If you have questions, message me here or email at hyndsa (at) gmail (dot) com.
Last edited by AHynds on Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Aaron Hynds, DMA
Lecturer, Music Business & New Media - University of Kentucky
I like to make and record sounds with metal pipes and computers.
Jso22
lurker
lurker

Re: Eastman 836 CC for trade/sale

Post by Jso22 »

PM sent
AHynds
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Eastman 836 CC for sale

Post by AHynds »

Bump! Pics coming very soon.
Aaron Hynds, DMA
Johnathan808
bugler
bugler

Post by Johnathan808 »

Interested
Graduate Teaching Assistant, Pittsburg State University
BMus Tuba Performance University of Hawai’i at Mānoa

Miraphone 1291 | Meinl Weston 2250
AHynds
3 valves
3 valves

Post by AHynds »

Bump! Pics coming later today. Sorry, I've been packing to move and signing lots of forms and paperwork, so things have been hectic.
Aaron Hynds, DMA
AHynds
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Eastman 836 CC for sale - 7500

Post by AHynds »

Bump with new price!
Aaron Hynds, DMA