SOLD: Miraphone 1291 5 valve BBb with factory hard case

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Roger Lewis
pro musician
pro musician

SOLD: Miraphone 1291 5 valve BBb with factory hard case

Post by Roger Lewis »

SOLD.
I’m selling my 1291 BBb because I don’t use it anymore. It’s in great shape and plays wonderfully.

It is the first 1291 BBb built after the prototype and has a hand hammered nickel silver lead pipe. I have vented the pistons on it which make slurring much easier and consistent in all registers. It has a monster low range and a great scale. There are a few very light scars on the bell from its travels but Mark Metzler worked his magic on them and they are barely noticeable. Mark recently cleaned this horn and did a valve alignment on it at that time.

It has the A=440 main tuning slide on it but also comes with the A=438 main slide.

I can ship it if necessary, but not for trials. I’m willing to drive a fair distance to hand it off to a serious buyer. The horn is located in SW lower Michigan.

Photos are available at the link below. Asking $6,000 for the whole thing. Shipping would be extra at buyers expense.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/103md0vqg3ma ... d9j7a?dl=0
"The music business is a cruel and shallow trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson