SOLD. Hirsbrunner HB 50 for sale $14,000 or best reasonable offer

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Roger Lewis
pro musician
pro musician

SOLD. Hirsbrunner HB 50 for sale $14,000 or best reasonable offer

Post by Roger Lewis »

I’m selling my beloved HB50 after 28 years as I no longer have a venue in which to play it. It’s a great horn and needs to be played.

1994 handmade with some factory mods done a little later. It has the smaller pistons ( the larger ones weren’t in production until 1995) but has the larger 5th valve rotor (production started early 1995). I have vented the pistons and tweaked the slides a tad for better tuning. It was very good before but now is exceptional. Other factory mods included a slightly smaller leadpipe and main slide. It’s a very responsive instrument. Easy to play with a big, slightly darker sound.

Cosmetically I’d have to say it’s at least 95% intact. No silver plating wear, no dings or dents. I have babied this horn since the day I got it and it’s always been in the hard case and never in a gig bag.

This horn was recently serviced by Mark Metzler and is ready to go. Includes Swiss made hard case and PVAK kit that I never used.

Asking $14,000 or best reasonable offer for it and I’m willing to drive up to 4 hours to meet anyone interested in purchasing. If you wish to try the instrument you are most welcome to come to my house in Sturgis, Michigan and play it as long as you would like. I can arrange shipping at the buyers expense but would prefer not to. International shipping is available, again at buyers expense.

Matt Gaunt has spent some serious time with this instrument and will give you his frank appraisal. Tony Kniffen has also spent some time with this horn

Here are some photos of the horn (if you’d like more or specific photos, please let me know):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qashuwba6ib ... b2Xka?dl=0

Thank you for looking.
Roger
Last edited by Roger Lewis on Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:54 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson
Roger Lewis
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Hirsbrunner HB 50 for sale

Post by Roger Lewis »

Bump. Still for sale.

Roger
"The music business is a cruel and shallow trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson
Porky
bugler
bugler

Post by Porky »

Nice tuba. This one will be here for awhile.
MelodicTuba
bugler
bugler

Post by MelodicTuba »

If I had 16k I would buy this
Meister Walter Nirschl MWN7 4/4 CC
B&S 3100 Symphonie
Roger Lewis
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Roger Lewis »

Bump for price drop. Now asking $14,400.00.
Roger Lewis
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Hirsbrunner HB 50 for sale price lowered to $14,400.

Post by Roger Lewis »

Bump. Still available.
Roger Lewis
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Hirsbrunner HB 50 for sale $14,000 or best reasonable offer

Post by Roger Lewis »

bump for price change.
Chuck W
bugler
bugler

Post by Chuck W »

Bump for Roger. Roger is a stand up kind of guy. Make him an offer already. Worst case situation If he doesn't accept your offer is Roger knows who you are and how to get in touch should he change his price or his mind about your offer. This has to be some bodies dream horn. Why let some on else buy it?
Shostytuben
bugler
bugler

Post by Shostytuben »

Chuck W wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:30 pm Bump for Roger. Roger is a stand up kind of guy. Make him an offer already. Worst case situation If he doesn't accept your offer is Roger knows who you are and how to get in touch should he change his price or his mind about your offer. This has to be some bodies dream horn. Why let some on else buy it?
Chuck it sounds like you should buy it. Reach out to the standup guy Roger Lewis and make the deal.
Chuck W
bugler
bugler

Post by Chuck W »

Roger knows I will never play CC again. Now you do too. This tuba is another player's vehicle to success.
Porky
bugler
bugler

Post by Porky »

Chuck W wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:55 am Roger knows I will never play CC again. Now you do too. This tuba is another player's vehicle to success.
Chuck it may be useful to you to get back on CC with your level of enthusiasm towards Roger and this horn.
Chuck W
bugler
bugler

Post by Chuck W »

Chuck it may be useful to you to get back on CC with your level of enthusiasm towards Roger and this horn.

Porky
While it is true I am a fan of the big Hirsbrunner my conductor is not. My conductor is very pleased with my equipment now. As well as the principle violin, cellist and even people in the second violins. A couple years ago I mentioned to our bass trombone player I might look for a new horn meaning a 5 valve version of what I had. After counting to ten silently he asked if there was something wrong with me. I think you see the the reason I am not in the market. Thanks for helping get the ad bumped up. I'm sure Roger appreciates it too.
Shostytuben
bugler
bugler

Post by Shostytuben »

Chuck W wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:14 am Chuck it may be useful to you to get back on CC with your level of enthusiasm towards Roger and this horn.

Porky
While it is true I am a fan of the big Hirsbrunner my conductor is not. My conductor is very pleased with my equipment now. As well as the principle violin, cellist and even people in the second violins. A couple years ago I mentioned to our bass trombone player I might look for a new horn meaning a 5 valve version of what I had. After counting to ten silently he asked if there was something wrong with me. I think you see the the reason I am not in the market. Thanks for helping get the ad bumped up. I'm sure Roger appreciates it too.
Well clearly it’s not helping cause it hasn’t sold yet. 🧐
Roger Lewis
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Roger Lewis »

Bump. Still available.
Roger Lewis
pro musician
pro musician

Re: SOLD. Hirsbrunner HB 50 for sale $14,000 or best reasonable offer

Post by Roger Lewis »

Sold.