SOLD: MW 195 Fafner w/bag and flight case

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
joshwirt
pro musician
pro musician

SOLD: MW 195 Fafner w/bag and flight case

Post by joshwirt »

I am selling my incredible MW 195 Fafner with Cronkite bag and MW flight case.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... WDR7-Mc8A

This horn is the real deal. I’ve used it with brass ensembles and orchestras and it never ceases to amaze. The horn has a fantastic sound with sooooo much mass. Great pitch and even blow. I pull 1+4 to fine tune in lower register with ease. Fast valves with short throw. The high register is shockingly great for a 5/4 BBb….can be surprisingly nimble if needed. Only modifications were replacing stick water key with Saturn and moving so you can empty with horn upright and a Carol Brass Amado-style key on the lower 4th slide…bigger opening and easier to clean (no snap ring).

Need a horn for Mahler, Prokofiev, Shostakovich, Wagner?! This is it. It’s been tested on the job and excels at all of those and more.

Horn is located in Chicago but might go with me to VA. I won’t be able to fit the flight case but if we meet on East Coast and you buy, I’ll ship it to you on my dime.

Thanks,
Josh
Elmhurst University - Applied Professor of Tuba/Euphonium
Elmhurst Symphony - Principal Tuba
Wintergreen Music Festival - Principal Tuba
New Chicago Brass
Ottava Quartet
joshwirt
pro musician
pro musician

Re: SOLD: MW 195 Fafner w/bag and flight case

Post by joshwirt »