Meinl Weston 5450 "Thor" For Sale

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
wesdecaseremusic
lurker
lurker

Meinl Weston 5450 "Thor" For Sale

Post by wesdecaseremusic »

LINK FOR PICTURE: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... p=sharingS:

Selling my Meinl Weston 5450 Thor 5/4 CC Tuba, which has been with me for almost 3 years.
The horn plays beautifully, however, the reason I am selling it is because I am looking to move up in size for my equipment.
The first owner of this horn was Ryan Robinson (Professor of Tuba/Euph at Oklahoma State) in 2016, he purchased it new after picking it from a batch of 15 Thors. The second owner was a DMA student at the University of North Texas, and I purchased it from him in 2020.

There is a reason these horns are so popular: great response, dark and full sound, good intonation, and a sound that carries easily in any hall. The low register is very open due to a replacement MAW valve in the 4th valve and the existing large 5th valve. This horn has served me well in orchestral settings wind ensembles, and small brass ensemble settings alike.
There are a few modifications to the horn, courtesy of Dillon Music in NJ:
- 4th valve is MAW Valve
- Vented first valve slide
- 3rd valve push button spit release
The purchase of this horn would also come with a navy blue Cronkhite Bag in like new shape.

The horn is located near Philadelphia Pennsylvania, but I am willing to drive up and down the Eastern seaboard for up to 6 hours to meet interested buyers. I will also pass through Chicago IL, much of Ohio, and Minneapolis MN this summer.
I would prefer not to ship but can set it up if necessary.

Price is $14,150

Happy to set up a playtest with anyone interested!

Inquiries can be sent to wdecaseremusic@gmail.com