PRICE DROP: Besson 982 Eb Compensating 3+1 ($5,000 OBO)

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
eaferreira
lurker
lurker

PRICE DROP: Besson 982 Eb Compensating 3+1 ($5,000 OBO)

Post by eaferreira »

Brand/model: Besson Sovereign 982 Eb (3+1)

I purchased it from Baltimore Brass in 2017 and treated it well. The vintage of the horn appears to be from the late 1980s, based on the 788504 serial number. Despite its age, its silver plating is >99% intact, and there are only small dents and very little wear. It's been a steadfast companion, but I'm not playing anymore these days and it seems a shame to let it gather dust. Pictures can be found at the link below. If there's something specific you want a closer look at, let me know and I'll do my best to accommodate.

Asking $5,000, which is pretty reasonable given the price of used comps I've been able to locate. I'll include a durable SKB case built for tubas with 19" bells. Buyer will assume all additional shipping costs. I'd prefer not to ship if possible, and am willing to drive a few hours in any direction to avoid it.

Any reasonable offer will be entertained!

Pictures can be found at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... share_link
eaferreira
lurker
lurker

Re: PRICE DROP: Besson 982 Eb Compensating 3+1 ($5,000 OBO)

Post by eaferreira »

Bump for price drop.
RBOtuba
lurker
lurker

Re: PRICE DROP: Besson 982 Eb Compensating 3+1 ($5,000 OBO)

Post by RBOtuba »

I'm interested in your tuba. Please email me: rbo1(at)comcast(dot)net
Thanks,
Rodney