FS: 70's/80's Alexander 183 Raw Brass $9k OBO

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
WillieB
lurker
lurker

FS: 70's/80's Alexander 183 Raw Brass $9k OBO

Post by WillieB »

Hello everyone, today I am selling my Alexander 183. The horn is in very good shape thanks to a tune-up from the great Tom Treece. Tom cleaned the valves, fixed a lot of the major dents on the horn, and shortened the fourth valve slide. The horn also comes with a second valve slide kicker and has had the leadpipe replaced at some point. Tom said it is one of the finer examples of Alexander craftsmanship and whoever worked on it in the past knew what they were doing!

I'm asking 9,000 dollars or best offer for the horn and the gig bag. Local pick up only, located in St. Johns, FL. Below is the link to photos of the horn and bag. If you are interested or have any questions PLEASE don't hesitate to contact me at williebatistajr@gmail.com

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Porky
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: 70's/80's Alexander 183 Raw Brass $9k OBO

Post by Porky »

I think this is a 163. Beautiful horn and quite a price. Best of luck with the sale. I have one of these very great horns.