Thein RCC mouthpiece - $250

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Thein RCC mouthpiece - $250

Post by bort »

It's time to sell my Thein RCC mouthpiece. And it's your chance to buy a rare, exquisitely crafted tuba mouthpiece by this high-end brass instrument manufacturer.

Bought around 2017, and for the sporadic playing that I've done since then, it's been my primary contrabass mouthpiece. It's worked well on everything, piston and rotor, 4/4 to 6/4, etc.

Large but not too large -- pretty deep (but no idea how to measure that) and the rim is comfortably narrow. For me, it's a grab and go, big sound, easy to play mouthpiece.

And if it means anything, for as much as I changed tubas in the last 6 years, I didn't change mouthpieces at all.

Used, but in excellent condition.

Specs:
32.8 mm inner diameter (will measure and confirm)
8.4 mm bore
Euro shank

Price: $300 --> $250, incl shipping in the US
(I think the price for these, new, shipped to the US is at or above $400.)

If "the camera adds 10 pounds" for people, then "the camera exaggerates imperfections" for really shiny things. Plus, it's hard to take photos of this stuff at all, let alone try to accurately capture everything you would discern in about 5 seconds in real life.

My goal is always to show closeups, that look as bad as possible. In real life, this mouthpiece looks great and is clearly in excellent condition. Not new, but excellent condition.

The third photo shows a small mark that I didn't previously know was there. This photo was super close-up, but you will see in the other photos how small it is. Same for the hairline scratches in the plating (from normal handling and in/out of the mouthpiece case), these are quite minimal and barely noticeable.

The insertion marks on the shank are noticeable, but are as-expected from a mouthpiece that has been used. When you use it, you'll never see those marks anyway. :)

The rim and everywhere else is completely clean and ding-free. Shank is perfectly round just like the day I got it (never dropped, no repairs...).

Let me know if you have questions or want to see any other angles. Thanks for looking! :tuba:

Last edited by bort on Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dasanchezr
bugler
bugler

Re: Thein RCC mouthpiece

Post by dasanchezr »

Really tempted to take it from your hands my friend, let me see what happens with the sale of my other mouthpieces
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

dasanchezr wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:11 pm Really tempted to take it from your hands my friend, let me see what happens with the sale of my other mouthpieces
Good to hear from you -- I'll send you an email. :)

Otherwise... bump!
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Now $250. Probably not doing another price cut, so this is your chance!
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Thein RCC mouthpiece - $250

Post by bort »

Last bump before ebay...
apltuba
lurker
lurker

Re: Thein RCC mouthpiece - $250

Post by apltuba »

Hello,
I was wondering if this was still for sale or if you sold it on Ebay already? I also wanted to know if you know of or think this mouthpiece is comparable/close to any "more common" mouthpieces so I can get an idea of what it would be like. I was also wondering what are those marks bellow the cup and above the shank. Is that a design Thein did or do they said it adds anything to the tone production of the mouthpiece? Thanks for your time!