FS: tiny .560" bore Czech 3 piston Eb with small shank trb. (!) receiver $200

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
arpthark
5 valves
5 valves

FS: tiny .560" bore Czech 3 piston Eb with small shank trb. (!) receiver $200

Post by arpthark »

This is a very, very small bore (.560") Eb tuba made in Czechoslovakia. No manufacturer name but they were commonly sold in the US under names like Wurlizter. It has gold lacquer that is about 90% remaining. Lead pipe has been patched, various things repaired, all valves move, some slides limed shut.

It has a small shank trombone receiver (smaller than typical "small/British" tuba shank), but it does include a mouthpiece that fits the instrument. Find a custom 'piece and use it as a poor man's cimbasso. It can get fairly bright. Plug in a 6-1/2 AL and fire away!

I'd like to get $200 for it. Pickup in southeastern CT or I can meet you in the NYC Metro/New England area. PM or email beanhillbrass at gmail if interested. FedEx shipping may be possible at buyer's sole expense and risk. Thanks!

Here are some pics:

https://i.imgur.com/zFFZzIL.mp4