SOLD: Eastman 866 6-valve Rotor F $6,750

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
IsaacTuba
bugler
bugler

SOLD: Eastman 866 6-valve Rotor F $6,750

Post by IsaacTuba »

SOLD!

This is an Eastman 866 rotary F tuba with 6 valves, silver plate. I bought this in July of 2023, and has been taken great care of with no dings or dents. It has served me well in solo performances and in quintet playing. Valves are great and quiet. I chose this one out of a set of Eastman F tubas, including a 5 valve rotor and the new piston F, and thought that this one had the richest sound of the three.

There are your typical rotor F response quirks below the staff, but are handled well with alternate fingerings.

I've really enjoyed the rotor sound and the clarity of this tuba, and the 6 valve configuration has been great ergonomically. Though, I feel this tuba isn't the best fit for me.

This horn is now for sale for $6,750. I'm open for offers for trades of other piston and rotor tubas (namely Miraphone rotors, MW piston horns).

I'm in Waco, TX, and can drive a reasonable distance for testing and sale. Would rather not ship, but buyer will be responsible for associated costs.

Pictures:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... jk-8p5tOqP
Last edited by IsaacTuba on Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Arizona State University BM 23'
Baylor University MM 25'

Eastman 836GS CC
Miraphone 181 F
IsaacTuba
bugler
bugler

Re: FT: Eastman 866 6-valve Rotor F

Post by IsaacTuba »

You can hear audio of this horn in my recent submissions for the TEW Solo Competition!

https://youtu.be/4rV_KTpIp-g?si=ETSXZMGOCaza1WPn
https://youtu.be/8hqJZ4MMStY?si=sGAeFUaBQvGuBPlB
Baylor University MM 25'

Eastman 836GS CC
Miraphone 181 F
IsaacTuba
bugler
bugler

Re: FT: Eastman 866 6-valve Rotor F

Post by IsaacTuba »

Bump. From Dec 16 2023 to Jan 13 2024 this horn will be located in Phoenix, AZ. Afterwards, I'll be back in Waco, TX.
Baylor University MM 25'

Eastman 836GS CC
Miraphone 181 F
IsaacTuba
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: Eastman 866 6-valve Rotor F

Post by IsaacTuba »

This horn is now for sale.
Baylor University MM 25'