For sale: B&S Goldbrass Baritone

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
TheBerlinerTuba
3 valves
3 valves

For sale: B&S Goldbrass Baritone

Post by TheBerlinerTuba »

I'm also selling my ca.1978 B&S Baritone. It's one of the completely handmade/bend in lead premium versions with the single seam bell. Sort of a mini symphonie in Bb?
I've floated the leadpipe off the bell and there is a bit of lacquer loss here and there but it's in fantastic condition especially for its age. The valves and linkage are absolutely tight and silent. There are a few tiny dings but they are almost invisible and I decided to leave them be. Although it's great for deutsche Blasmusik and Oktoberfest, I've used it for tuba quartet and solo projects and it was great! The valves have a shorter action type of mechanic and can easily keep up with a modern piston euphonium.
Price 2500€. A new modern production version runs around 4.000 and a truly handmade version is double that.
I would prefer pick up in Berlin Germany but shipping is possible but at your expense.
Thank you for looking and please contact me if you have any further questions or if you would like to see more photos.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheBerlinerTuba
3 valves
3 valves

Re: For sale: B&S Goldbrass Baritone

Post by TheBerlinerTuba »

And another thanksgiving bump!