FS - John Packer 379FF

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Billy M.
4 valves
4 valves

FS - John Packer 379FF

Post by Billy M. »

Hello all,

I have decided to place my John Packer 5 rotor F tuba in lacquer on the market. I bought the horn brand new in 2022. Condition is good with a few minor dings in the bell and on the bottom bow. No major dents in important slides or the lead pipe. Rotors work well although a little clanky (I'm going to try and see if I can get most of that resolved) and all slides move very freely. Lacquer is in very good shape with only a few scratch and some reactive points on the rotor paddles from my personal body chemistry.

For me, intonation is quite good although the 4th valve is a bit long. C and G are better played 1 and 3. Low C is playable but has the typical "blow like a bass trombone, not a tuba" kinda of resistance. Low range of A and further down is fantastic.

This is a good playing horn that just isn't getting my attention or the appropriate work. This horn deserves to be played.

Horn is located in Pensacola, FL. I'm asking $4,250 for the horn with JP semi-hard case. Prefer not to ship but will travel up to 400 miles for a serious buyer. Price negotiable if picked up locally. I'm working to get photos set up soon, can get photos emailed immediately if PM'd.
Romans 3:23-24

Billy Morris
Rudolf Meinl Model 45, Musikmesse Horn
Boosey & Hawkes Imperial Eb (19" Bell)
1968 Besson New Standard Eb (15" Bell)