FS: BMB J445 F Tuba - $3000 - SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
SMtUba
lurker
lurker

FS: BMB J445 F Tuba - $3000 - SOLD

Post by SMtUba »

Hey all,

I've had some hefty house expenses come up back-to-back and think it's finally time to offload my F tuba (I'm more of an Eb girl these days anyways...). I'm Looking for $3000; I'm located in the Virginia Beach area and am willing to drive a couple hours to deliver, or I'll ship at your expense and preferred method (but as soon as the post office takes it it's yours...).

AFAIK I'm the 2nd owner, everything's still moving and sounding great. This model has the dependent 5th valve with the rubber bank linkages, so it's very free blowing and still has a pretty nice low register (for an F tuba, anyways!). Valves are vented, and this is the lacquered version. A few dings and scratches that I'll get pictures of when I'm back in the office, but the horn is in very good shape. I've played it on tour around the Pacific with a brass quintet, and it was an awesome F to start on back in undergrad. Hard to justify owning two bass tubas when I barely get to play one though!

I can throw in a gig bag that has been well loved by my cats if you don't mind the cosmetic wear.

You can message me here or email at mia (at) miatheyoung (dot) com

SOLD
Last edited by SMtUba on Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
SMtUba
lurker
lurker

Re: FS: BMB J445 F Tuba - $3000

Post by SMtUba »

Bump with pictures! I'll even drive it to the Army Tuba-Euph workshop or within reasonable distance of DC that weekend, for serious buyers.

More Pictures: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

SMtUba
lurker
lurker

Re: FS: BMB J445 F Tuba - $3000

Post by SMtUba »

Bump - make me an offer. I've got three horns and only two tuba stands.... something's gotta give.