SOLD: Conn 2J CC Tuba

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
sousakrue
bugler
bugler

SOLD: Conn 2J CC Tuba

Post by sousakrue »

For sale is a very special Conn 2J CC tuba dating to 1957 with a wonderful history of professional use and a neat backstory (see last picture for certificate of authenticity). It is in great condition for its age and plays wonderfully. I have had all dents removed, cleaned, aligned with scope and shined up ready to go. Listing price at $****

The horn was owned by Chuck Daellenbach with Canadian Brass and was used in the recording of the recent album “Perfect Landing”. Before that it was owned by Elvis Presley’s bass player and you can hear Chuck talk about it in some past interviews I looked up which is fun. Like most of Chucks horns they needed to be light for his acrobatics and standing so the following alterations have been done.

Photos https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... VeZzsUv8cW

- All guards removed from the horn to reduce weight
- Leadpipe removed from bell for response and resonance
- Valves 1-3-4 vented for slide pulling when needed
- Bottom bow removed and reinstalled (guessing when the guards were pulled). There may have been a carbon fiber bell put on but I don’t know
- original leadpipe replaced with custom leadpipe with larger tapered? bore
- Receiver removed to be direct insertion (no Venturi)
- original hooks removed for harness
- cut to modern pitch from low pitch
- removed all dents and polished an area that had a pink spot on the bell (not sure what caused it)

I purchased it for quintet and it fits beautifully in that setting and also used it in concert band setting which it held its own in, however I have been playing F tuba in quintet almost exclusively so it needs to go to make room for another horn. I wish I could keep it.

Horn in located in Fort Collins, CO and does not come with a case.

Let me know if you are interested. Open to trade offers as well for full or partial trade +cash (4/4 or 5/4 CC, Miraphone 186, 188, MW3450, Rudy 3/4, rotor F, open to options, have cash to add). I prefer not to ship but will entertain if buyer pays for and assumes full liability.

Pm here or email sousakrue at gmail
Chris Krueger
Eastman 836 CC
Yamaha YFB-822S F
Band Director, tuba player and music lover
sousakrue
bugler
bugler

Re: SOLD: Conn 2J CC Tuba

Post by sousakrue »

SOLD
Chris Krueger