FS: B&H Imperial Eb Tuba (15" bell)

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
dcmk
lurker
lurker

FS: B&H Imperial Eb Tuba (15" bell)

Post by dcmk »

$2200 CAD, tuba is located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Shipping available at buyer's expense.
Pics: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjogiLM8zHvZngWUMax1WlWgMHar
Extras: Gig bag and worn Vincent Bach 24AW mouthpiece
Modifications: cut to modern pitch, large shank leadpipe

There appear to be two serials on this tuba. One is on the valve group, 145767, which would date the tuba to 1935. One is on the back of the bell, L.P. 201523, which would date it 1955. If anyone can offer info on this I would appreciate it.

The condition of this tuba is shown in the pics. There are dents in the bow as well as slides. When I bought this tuba, it didn't have a case. Despite these bumps, it plays surprisingly well. I pulled it out to do a quick play test before listing it and was surprised at the pleasant, singing sound this tuba is capable of making.

The tuba hasn't been played much in years since I only bought it to double from euph, and eventually when I started playing tuba more seriously I got a PT6. The previous owner had the leadpipe changed to a larger shank size and I had the instrument cut to modern pitch. Included is a gig bag and worn Vincent Bach 24AW mouthpiece, which seems to suit this tuba better than my Denis Wick 3L. This tuba needs a bath and some polish, alas I have neither.
TubemanIsh
lurker
lurker

Re: FS: B&H Imperial Eb Tuba (15" bell)

Post by TubemanIsh »

sent a dm
Keep on Tootin and Scribing.. :mrgreen:
Conn 15J BBb Tuba
Conn 25J BBb Tuba
Conn 38k BBb Sousaphone
St. Petersburg 206/400 Eb Tuba

:tuba: :tuba: :tuba: