SOLD Eastman 832 with hard case and custom Cronkhite gig bag for $7000 OBO

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
MelodicTuba
bugler
bugler

SOLD Eastman 832 with hard case and custom Cronkhite gig bag for $7000 OBO

Post by MelodicTuba »

For sale is my Eastman 832 with a like new Cronkhite gig bag made for the instrument. It came with a hard case as well. I bought this instrument in 2019 right before the pandemic and it’s served me well. The 832 is a 4/4 tuba that punches a bit above its weight class. In my experience it can play with the breadth of a PT6P (although I’ve admittedly had little experience with those instruments) with a very solid low register for the size. although the low register is something I’ve never struggled with so your experience may vary.

All substantial dents have been rolled out and the were mostly on the bow. The rest are minor and from the factory. There’s some tarnish on the instrument but I could get it off if need be, it’s nothing major. The silver plate is in good condition although there are scratches on the player’s side of the bell. The slides move well and seem aligned but I never had an alignment done or anything. Please email for pictures (melodygardner491@gmail.com)

I'm not looking to trade CC’s, I recently acquired a Nirschl MWN7 which I like quite a bit. I may consider offers for 6 valve rotary F tubas. We can discuss anything else if you’re interested.

New these will sell for $9,182.40 plus tax and the Cronkhite bag will run you around $700. I’ll sell just the horn for $6500, and I’ll also include a mouthpiece and have a lot to choose from. Buyer pays shipping.
Last edited by MelodicTuba on Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:45 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Meister Walter Nirschl MWN7 4/4 CC
B&S 3100 Symphonie
Tabert
bugler
bugler

Re: Eastman 832 with hard case and custom Cronkhite gig bag for $8500

Post by Tabert »

Location?
MelodicTuba
bugler
bugler

Re: Eastman 832 with hard case and custom Cronkhite gig bag for $8500

Post by MelodicTuba »

Spring, Texas
B&S 3100 Symphonie
MelodicTuba
bugler
bugler

Re: Eastman 832 with hard case and custom Cronkhite gig bag for $8000 OBO

Post by MelodicTuba »

bump
B&S 3100 Symphonie
MelodicTuba
bugler
bugler

Re: Eastman 832 with hard case and custom Cronkhite gig bag for $7500 OBO

Post by MelodicTuba »

Bump for price drop
B&S 3100 Symphonie
MelodicTuba
bugler
bugler

Re: Eastman 832 with hard case and custom Cronkhite gig bag for $7000 OBO

Post by MelodicTuba »

Bump for another price drop
B&S 3100 Symphonie
csaevig
lurker
lurker

Re: Eastman 832 with hard case and custom Cronkhite gig bag for $7000 OBO

Post by csaevig »

Would you be willing to sell the Cronkite case separately?