Alex 164 Bb C. 1960 FS/Trade

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Emerickfalta
bugler
bugler

Alex 164 Bb C. 1960 FS/Trade

Post by Emerickfalta »

Hello!

I have an 1960s Alex Bb up for sale or trade / trade + Cash.

It’s a fun horn to have simply because there aren’t many around. It has a monstrous sound and is certainly a special instrument.

It plays like an old horn. The sound is sweet but some notes have their quirks to it. It is a very large bore. The instrument does come with a specially made Doug Elliot Alex mouthpiece to fit its shank.

I’m not sure what something like this would go for so I’ll be taking offers. I’m in search for a 3/4 - 4/4 Bb tuba, a little smaller than this bad boy. I’m prefer a trade / trade + cash so hit me with what you got!

Here are photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/pE7BtgDqCmchbxtp9

Horn is located in NYC, would be willing to drive for a serious buyer.

It was recently rehauled by Matt Walters. Valves are smooth and it’s all there. He did a great job.

Send me an email or a message on here!
Emerickfalta@gmail.com