FS: Meinl Weston 195P Piston Fafner Bb SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
ckalaher1
3 valves
3 valves

FS: Meinl Weston 195P Piston Fafner Bb SOLD

Post by ckalaher1 »

Up for sale is a Meinl Weston 195P Piston Fafner.

Tuba is about a year or so old. I had planned to use this for
large ensembles, and was able to get it out for a couple of shows, but some health complications has rendered this tuba moot in my arsenal. Hate to sell it, but I just can’t crank the cables with this beast any longer.

So, regrettably, it’s time to take this instrument to market. I picked it out of four examples at the DC. Great pitch, tremendous sound, excellent response-including in the high register where I expected it to be a bit of a cement truck, and an as advertised low register. Horn works great for me with a larger mouthpiece in there, like an 88+ or 50+. Martin Wilk added a couple of braces and installed corded stops on the 1st, 3rd, and 4th slides. He also added a pull rod to the 2nd slide. The braces REALLY tightened up response. Horn comes with MAW oversized buttons and lightweight valve stems.

As evidenced in photos, there’s a very shallow wrinkle in both the top and bottom bow guards. I’ve not gotten around to having it rolled out and will leave that to the buyer, but it’s so shallow that it’s a little tough to see in the photos. Comes with the customary SuperSac MW labeled gig bag.

Asking price is $7900, but I will consider offers. Final sale value will be determined upon both buyer and seller agreeing on price.

Currently located in the St. Louis area, but we are moving several states away in a few months, so if it sits for long, I’ll send it out on consignment to Dillion or Baltimore Brass. I’ve also still got the shipping carton, so I’ll be happy to ship the tuba at the buyer’s request and expense. Acceptable forms of payment are cash dollas, cashier’s check, personal check (will have to wait for it to clear), or PayPal friends and family.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... EXaJyxcxgK
Last edited by ckalaher1 on Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CooperBayliff
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: Meinl Weston 195P Piston Fafner Bb $7900

Post by CooperBayliff »

I call dibs
MW 195P Fafner - Doug Elliott MP