SOLD - Alexander 164BBb Kaiser in BBb - $5,500

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
willbrett
bugler
bugler

SOLD - Alexander 164BBb Kaiser in BBb - $5,500

Post by willbrett »

SOLD

Begrudgingly selling my Alex 164BBb. I'm told this horn likely dates to the 1970's. Tuba is in great shape, with only a few bumps and bruises as one would expect on a tuba that's at or nearing 50 years old. Silver plate is more than 95% intact.

This is a great playing instrument with a massive sound. Intonation is better than the reputation for these tubas would make you expect. I use 1&2 & 2&3 for D/Db in the middle of the bass clef staff, but no other notes require any alternate fingerings or embouchure gymnastics.

This is a large instrument, both physically and sonically - see photos for size comparison to my Alexander 163CC.

Tuba is located near Tampa, FL. I prefer not to ship, but would be willing to discuss options with a buyer if necessary.

Price is $6,000, and will include a Reunion Blues Cordura gig bag, which is used but still perfectly functional.

Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/HLXzTVW3zxxX8RiB8
Last edited by willbrett on Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
willbrett
bugler
bugler

Re: Alexander 164BBb Kaiser in BBb - $5,750

Post by willbrett »

Price drop to $5,750.
willbrett
bugler
bugler

Re: Alexander 164BBb Kaiser in BBb - $5,500

Post by willbrett »

Price drop to $5,500