For Sale: Michael Bunn's Mouthpiece Collection

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Wes Krygsman
3 valves
3 valves

For Sale: Michael Bunn's Mouthpiece Collection

Post by Wes Krygsman »

FOR SALE: Micheal Bunn’s Tuba Mouthpiece Collection

Some of you may have already heard, but for the past 2-3 months, I have taken on a fairly overwhelming project. I was asked to help inventory and sell the mouthpiece collection for the family of Michael Bunn, former principal tuba with the Kennedy Center Opera Orchestra for 41 years. He is no longer playing and is liquidating his entire tuba mouthpiece collection which includes almost 400 mouthpieces.

Some quick tips on navigating this document:
1. The whole spreadsheet is color coded
-RED=Sold
-YELLOW=On Hold
-WHITE=Available

2. There are 2 tabs on the bottom of the spreadsheet.
-First tab is tuba mouthpieces with a few trombone/baritone mouthpieces mixed in as well.
-The second tab is modular tuba mouthpiece components.

3. This is a living document, meaning it will be updated fairly frequently. I will try for daily updates if necessary. Please reload the page to make sure you have the most recent version.

If you are interested in purchasing anything on the list, please find me and send me a private message on Facebook Messenger (https://www.facebook.com/wes.krygsman/) or email me (weskrygsman@gmail.com). I will then take a short video to show you all the details of the condition of each mouthpiece or mouthpieces that you are interested in.

I will contact buyers in the order that the messages are received. Please realize that I am only one person with many other obligations and be patient with my responses.

To avoid shipping, I am willing to meet up near northern NJ, or I can bring a bunch with me to the Army Band Workshop next weekend, but I will only bring those mouthpieces that are asked about beforehand. Serious buyers only please, as space is limited in my car (I can’t and won’t bring all 300 unless I have definite buyers for each).

Please feel free to share this list with anyone you know who might be also be interested.

Lastly, if anyone has any Michael Bunn stories, please also share them with me through Facebook Messenger or email so I can pass those stories along to the Bunn family. Anything you might like to share would be greatly appreciated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... p=sharing
Wes Krygsman

Adjunct professor-Kean University
Freelance musician-NJ/NYC area & private lessons

Nirschl York 6/4 CC
Yamaha 821 F
Cerveny 601 Kaiser BBb
Yamaha Ybb 103 BBb
Conn 36k Fiberglass sousaphone BBb
Wes Krygsman
3 valves
3 valves

Re: For Sale: Michael Bunn's Mouthpiece Collection

Post by Wes Krygsman »

Quick bump for many still being available.

Also, to clear up any confusion...I am absolutely willing to ship to anywhere in the US. All the prices include shipping.

What I meant by my statement "to avoid shipping..." was that if anyone wants to meet in person instead, either at my place, Kean University, or at the Army Band workshop event that has now passed, I was willing to do that as well.
Wes Krygsman

Nirschl York 6/4 CC
Yamaha 821 F
Cerveny 601 Kaiser BBb
Yamaha Ybb 103 BBb
Conn 36k Fiberglass sousaphone BBb
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bisontuba »

Wes is very easy to deal with and has great mouthpieces...highly recommended!
Wes Krygsman
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Wes Krygsman »

Over 200 mouthpieces still left
Wes Krygsman

Nirschl York 6/4 CC
Yamaha 821 F
Cerveny 601 Kaiser BBb