WTT: rotary "Neptune" for piston PT-6, 7, or piston Neptune

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
barry grrr-ero
4 valves
4 valves

WTT: rotary "Neptune" for piston PT-6, 7, or piston Neptune

Post by barry grrr-ero »

Just testing the water to see if anybody wants to trade their B&S piston PT-6, PT-7 or piston "Neptune" for my rotary Neptune. What few dents that are on there are very small. These is some wear to the gold lacquer. The rotors move fairly fast. I have a T-bar pull on the main slide; a bar and thumb ring pull on the first valve slide (otherwise it's hard to get to), and - best of all - a factory installed trigger handle to kick out the second valve slide (works great!). In my experience, this tuba definitely responds better to more funnel, Helleberg like mouthpieces. It has a very nice Superfine cordura gig bag (two tone: rust and white, more or less).

I would be happy to hear of other trade proposals. It needs to be a piston (5 valve) CC, and it has to be something I can play vertically - not pointing sideways. Therefore, I'm not really interested in York copies. I don't want the giant Meinl pistons either.

I'm located on the central California coast. Photos available for serious inquiries only. Naturally, I would prefer to drive and meet than to ship.