FT: Eastman 832 4/4 CC for Miraphone 188 or vintage 186 CC (or Rudolf Meinl 4/4 CC)

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
arpthark
5 valves
5 valves

FT: Eastman 832 4/4 CC for Miraphone 188 or vintage 186 CC (or Rudolf Meinl 4/4 CC)

Post by arpthark »

I really, really like my Eastman 832, but after playing an old friend's 188 for the first time in about 10 years, I also really-really like that model tuba, slightly prefer Miraphone rotors, and would consider a straight trade.

I bought this tuba new from Dillon's in August 2022. The tuba is lacquered. I've had extra water keys added for drainage on the 3rd and 4th valve slide. I had a slight crease rolled out of the bell from when a bandmate stepped on the edge. All work has been performed by Dick Hansen out of Brimfield, MA. There are a few small indentations on one of the branches, and some belt buckle scratches on the bottom bow. Comes with the Eastman hard case if you want it. Valves and slides are like butter, vented, and the intonation is exceptional.

I am not interested in selling outright or trading for anything except a Miraphone 188, vintage Miraphone 186, or a Rudolf Meinl CC, and I am only interested in a straight trade. I will not consider shipping but can meet you in the New England/NYC metro area for a play test.

PM me or email beanhillbrass at gmail.

Thanks!

This pic is before the extra water keys were added.

Here it is on the left with my Yamaclone.