*SOLD* Custom Miraphone 1261 EEb 3+1 Compensating Tuba

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Davidacoombs2
bugler
bugler

*SOLD* Custom Miraphone 1261 EEb 3+1 Compensating Tuba

Post by Davidacoombs2 »

I am selling my Custom Miraphone 1261 EEb 3+1 Compensating Tuba. This horn was previously owned by Joe Murphy, and I used it through my High School and College years.

To go deeper into the history of this horn, it was bought by Mr. Murphy from WWBW in 2002 and used professionally by him for 12 years. In that time he had Miraphone make him a custom 16.5" bell, instead of the factory 19" diameter bell. In his words, this gives the horn the rich warmth of an EEb but with the clarity, agility, and projection of an F. I purchased this horn from him in 2014, and used it for a number of years in high school and college. In that time it did receive some wear, but it was professionally cleaned and had dents removed before being stored. There are minor dings remaining in a couple spots, and the lower bow brace has been pushed in a little due to being set down too quickly once, but none of the dents affect the playability of the horn.

The main signs of the horns age and history are in the cosmetic wear on the horn. Several of the ferrules have been re-soldered during the process of changing the bell and dent work. In addition, one of the lower bows had a moderately sized dent removed, and the work area has finish wear consistent with such a procedure. The finish has also been worn where the player's hands rest, though the areas were re-plated.

The horn was chemically cleaned just before going into storage, and had corks, pads, and felts replaced. All valves and slides function perfectly. This horn is also equipped with a valve spit catcher. It did not come with a hardcase, just a Reunion Blues gig bag, which is included. The gig bag does have about a 2 inch tear along the seam, but it is not major.

This is a professional level horn that plays wonderfully, I enjoyed using it for the time I had it, as did Joe Murphy. Given the level of cosmetic wear, I am listing it at $4,000. I am not willing to ship this horn, but am located near Atlanta and am willing to drive several hours to meet anywhere in the southeast.

Link to photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/MsPNh3XsM5tikwaZA
Last edited by Davidacoombs2 on Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MKTuba
bugler
bugler

Re: For Sale: Custom Miraphone 1261 EEb 3+1 Compensating Tuba

Post by MKTuba »

These have always interested me. Rats you are so far from me (Michigan). I would have bought you lunch or something just to let me try it out. Good luck on the sale!
B&S 3198 (PT6P)
Wilson 3200s

BM Tuba Performance @ Michigan State
RBOtuba
lurker
lurker

Post by RBOtuba »

David, I am interested in your tuba. Please text or call me @ 847 five zero eight six 8 zero 4.
Rodney
Mud20j
bugler
bugler

Post by Mud20j »

Pm sent