ON HOLD: Meinl Weston 197 "Walter Hilgers" $8000 OBO

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
A_Tubist
bugler
bugler

ON HOLD: Meinl Weston 197 "Walter Hilgers" $8000 OBO

Post by A_Tubist »

Horn is currently on hold pending payment.

Meinl Weston 197 "Walter Hilgers"
5/4 BBb
4 Rotor Valves
18.1" Bell
44.9" Tall
Reversed Main Tuning Slide
Includes like-new Unitec Flight Case
Asking $8000 OBO, buyer pays shipping
Located in Los Angeles, CA

Up for sale is a Meinl Weston 197 "Walter Hilgers" 5/4 BBb. This horn is the production model from the 90s and features 4 rotary valves with a reversed main tuning slide. This is a Kaiser BBb tuba that produces a large, dark sound reminiscent of the pedals of an organ; this particular model is based off of a Bohland and Fuchs. From what I have gathered, these are popular work horns in Europe but there are few examples here in the US with this being the only one I have ever encountered. I have been in possession of this horn for close to 3 years and have used it primarily in large orchestra, brass ensemble, and wind band. I cannot help but smile every time I sit down with the horn as this tuba is seriously fun to play!

I am looking to sell this instrument because I would like to return to a smaller 4/4 CC; most of my playing these days is in chamber groups and while this is a quality horn, I feel this may not be the right tool for me at this time. This horn comes with a like-new Unitec flight case and was most recently serviced by Don Sawday in November 2023.

Asking $8000 or best offer, shipping available from Los Angeles at buyer's expense.

Pictures (B&S Symphonie not for sale):

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... drive_link
A_Tubist
bugler
bugler

Re: ON HOLD: Meinl Weston 197 "Walter Hilgers" $8000 OBO

Post by A_Tubist »

On hold pending payment.