2nd Price drop: Miraphone Petrouschka F Tuba 1281 for sale $8700

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
akniffen
pro musician
pro musician

2nd Price drop: Miraphone Petrouschka F Tuba 1281 for sale $8700

Post by akniffen »

20240312_212814.jpg
20240312_212416.jpg
Indianapolis
$8700
About twelve years old
Very good condition

It has Steven Mead Euphonium springs - a very nice match.

Miraphone gig bag.

I premiered the James Beckel concerto for tuba and wind ensemble, called "Through a Window" with this tuba last March, people really loved the sound. Also did the fastest Carnival I've ever done, with the Kokomo Parks Band - a professional wind ensemble, with this tuba last June. Great low register, strong sound, very facile tuba.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by akniffen on Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
akniffen
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Price drop: Miraphone Petrouschka F Tuba 1281 for sale $9K

Post by akniffen »

Bump for lower price
akniffen
pro musician
pro musician

Re: 2nd Price drop: Miraphone Petrouschka F Tuba 1281 for sale $8700

Post by akniffen »

bump
swillafew
5 valves
5 valves

Re: 2nd Price drop: Miraphone Petrouschka F Tuba 1281 for sale $8700

Post by swillafew »

I had the pleasure of meeting Tony and playing this horn. It has a great sound and appearance. Petroushka has better mass and power to the low end than you think F tubas should have. The middle and upper registers are even and well tuned. You would get many great years of service from this instrument.
I also learned that I am pickier than I thought and wanted to stick with my own status quo.
ImagePETROU copy by John Doe, on Flickr
MORE AIR