FS: Elkhart Conn 73H bass trombone w/ D slide, $1,100

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
arpthark
5 valves
5 valves

FS: Elkhart Conn 73H bass trombone w/ D slide, $1,100

Post by arpthark »

Hi,

I bought this Elkhart-era Conn 73H dependent valve bass trombone to fix up a bit, but I would just like it off my bench for now. All work has been done by Dick Hansen out of Brimfield, MA with me apprenticing.

It was rescued from a school band program and was in bad shape -- main bell brace was broken, dents, linkage all messed up, etc. It still needs some cleaning up, there are some pings in the bell and the linkage still needs adjusting, but the slide plating is 100%, the valves have no wear and plenty of pop when slides are pulled, and I think overall the bones (pun intended) are good.

Comes with both E and D slides for dependent valve. D slide was aftermarket and didn't quite fit, so there is evidence of work on it to align the slide tubes. Horn sounds great. Slide action I would currently rate at an 8.

Comes with a huge Olds case. I would prefer not to ship at this time, but you can pick up in or near Connecticut. I am going to be taking a road trip from Connecticut to Richmond, VA over the course of March 28-30 and can meet up on that trip (NYC, Philly, Baltimore, DC area). If nobody wants it by then, I will probably remove this ad and finish the work on it with Dick over the summer.

Pics attached. I realized I didn't take a good pic of the slide; can get that tonight.

Please PM me or email beanhillbrass at gmail.

Thanks!

Blake