SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
knightfork
lurker
lurker

SOLD

Post by knightfork »

SOLD
Last edited by knightfork on Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Easy Mac
bugler
bugler

Re: FS Eastman 836 $9000

Post by Easy Mac »

knightfork wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:54 pm… before Eastman changed the metal they use in their tubas…
Pease explain this comment in detail.
knightfork
lurker
lurker

SOLD

Post by knightfork »

My understanding is that when Eastman first came out with the 836, they where using a different metal type than they do now. The Eastman company acquired Kanstul who where meticulous in trying to recreate the york bell and metal makeup. The rumor is that the Eastman company was experimenting with a new bell for the 836, after they acquired Kanstul.

I found a couple of posts detailing that an Eastman employee confirmed this. I am unsure if I am allowed to link it.

If I am wrong I will happily delete that part from my post!
Last edited by knightfork on Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
willbrett
bugler
bugler

Post by willbrett »

Where are you located?
knightfork
lurker
lurker

Post by knightfork »

willbrett wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:38 pm Where are you located?
I am located in Birmingham, Alabama
TheodoreSmith
bugler
bugler

Post by TheodoreSmith »

knightfork wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:33 pm My understanding is that when Eastman first came out with the 836, they where using a different metal type than they do now. The Eastman company acquired Kanstul who where meticulous in trying to recreate the york bell and metal makeup. The rumor is that the Eastman company was experimenting with a new bell for the 836, after they acquired Kanstul.

I found a couple of posts detailing that an Eastman employee confirmed this. I am unsure if I am allowed to link it.

If I am wrong I will happily delete that part from my post!
I could be wrong, but I was under the impression BAC bought Kanstul. BAC has been trying to sell all the Kanstul tuba tooling for awhile. They have all of the mandrels and tools, but that could’ve changed.
B&S PT-7PS
Yamaha Yeb-321