FS: Eastman EBF864G F Tuba

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
york_31
lurker
lurker

FS: Eastman EBF864G F Tuba

Post by york_31 »

Eastman EBF864G
$6200

For sale is an Eastman EBF864G F tuba. It's a 5 valve german-style f tuba, with a gold brass bell and a yellow brass body (designated by the G in its model).

I purchased this horn from Dillon Music 2 years ago. When I went to NJ to test them out, I was playing 2 different models. An all yellow-brass model and the model listed here. I found the gold bell to have a warmer and generally fuller sound. Especially, in the low register which is a common quirk. I preferred the fuller but still buoyant and alive sound that I got from this horn.
I'm selling it because I am looking for a more versatile horn for brass quintet, solo playing, and orchestral duties. I also found in my testing that I preferred pistons on an F compared to rotors.

It's condition is great for 2 years of use. I had it ultrasonically cleaned last week. New bumpers and a few of the linkages were replaced to be a little less noisy. Minor blemishes and common small lacquer flaking where right forearm crosses over the bell.

Attached is a google drive link with pictures, but I can record some audio if requested as well. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... drive_link

It comes with a protec gig bag, the Eastman hard-roller case, and a shires mouthpiece (if you would like).

Located in the greater Lansing area, MI

I need this horn until April 22nd, the day after my senior recital... afterwards I will have open availability to meet.

Willing to drive halfway for serious inquiries and not willing to ship at this time!

Cheers!
Hirsbrunner HB50
Eastman EBF864G
york_31
lurker
lurker

Re: FS: Eastman EBF864G F Tuba PRICE DROP

Post by york_31 »

Bump for Price Decrease!

$6000

For sale is an Eastman EBF864G F tuba. It's a 5 valve german-style f tuba, with a gold brass bell and a yellow brass body (designated by the G in its model).

I purchased this horn from Dillon Music 2 years ago. When I went to NJ to test them out, I was playing 2 different models. An all yellow-brass model and the model listed here. I found the gold bell to have a warmer and generally fuller sound. Especially, in the low register which is a common quirk. I preferred the fuller but still buoyant and alive sound that I got from this horn.
I'm selling it because I am looking for a more versatile horn for brass quintet, solo playing, and orchestral duties. I also found in my testing that I preferred pistons on an F compared to rotors.

It's condition is great for 2 years of use. I had it ultrasonically cleaned last week. New bumpers and a few of the linkages were replaced to be a little less noisy. Minor blemishes and common small lacquer flaking where right forearm crosses over the bell.

Attached is a google drive link with pictures, but I can record some audio if requested as well. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... drive_link

It comes with a protec gig bag, the Eastman hard-roller case, and a shires mouthpiece (if you would like).

Located in the greater Lansing area, MI

I need this horn until April 22nd, the day after my senior recital... afterwards I will have open availability to meet.

Willing to drive halfway for serious inquiries and not willing to ship at this time!

Cheers!
Hirsbrunner HB50
Eastman EBF864G