WTT: 1925 Conn 26k Eb Sousaphone for 4/4 4-valve tuba

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

WTT: 1925 Conn 26k Eb Sousaphone for 4/4 4-valve tuba

Post by bort »

Before I post this straight up for sale, is anybody interested in working a trade this very fine vintage Eb sousaphone for a 4-valve tuba of some sort?

This sousaphone is an absolute blast to play, and it's really really nice shape overall. Two things really surprised me about it from my experience with it, and reading some old 1920s Conn catalog pages:
1) it's listed as being 6 lb lighter than the BBb version, which I also owned about 10 months ago, But I think it feels even better than that. Seems like standing and holding this for an extended period of time will be a whole lot more enjoyable.
2) The catalog pages mentioned something about the physical size of the Eb being only slightly smaller than BBb, in terms of overall height and bell diameter. Two reasons for that... First to maintain visual continuity between a section next between the two keys, and also for sound continuity between the two different keys. The results being a very full and rich sound coming from this Eb tuba through its 23-in bell. It sounds awesome.

The problem is, I have no use for a sousaphone, no matter how nice it is.

Would trade for:
full size
4-valves
Nothing Chinese
front action only
Rotary or piston are fine
Any key :tuba:

Thanks! :tuba:

https://imgur.com/a/dzBrFZA