Alexander 163 5V CC for sale

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
jeopardymaster
4 valves
4 valves

Alex pics

Post by jeopardymaster »

Thanks for your help - I very punchy last night, had just gotten home after 500 miles on the road and that was the only chance I will have had to spend any time on the computer until the second week of February.
jeopardymaster
4 valves
4 valves

Alex 163

Post by jeopardymaster »

Sale pending.
MikeS
bugler
bugler

Post by MikeS »

When I bought my four-valve 163 (a 1959, I think) it had a couple small issues I wanted my repair guy to address. When I picked up the horn he said, "It's really a pleasure to work on a horn that was built right the first time." It's also a real pleasure to play. It takes a slightly different approach but, as Wade says, the rewards are many for those who try.
jeopardymaster
4 valves
4 valves

2nd Valve on an Alex

Post by jeopardymaster »

Extremely nifty, Elephant. The good news for Tuben is that this horn is, of course, a 5 banger, and the better news is (at least in my opinion) that it shouldn't need a 2nd valve kicker. Very cool nonetheless.

Had I kept this horn I would have connected a long tee, reaching from above Valve #1's crook to the tuning slide, with an adjustable stop, so as to enable the player to pull the main slide in for first line g and third line d. Those are the only notes I've ever had to futz with, and even then usually only when they are the root, 3d or 7th in a sustained chord.

I already miss this horn very much, but delight in Robert's passion. Now, readers, please believe me when I tell you I have a couple of really fine old Conn BBb's I need to sell as well. They aren't quite equal to the "Wizard," but cut a pretty mean rug themselves. New postings to follow.