Wanted: BBb Miraphone 186

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
MomX4
bugler
bugler

Karl Ziess BBb For Sale

Post by MomX4 »

My son is selling his Karl Ziess BBb 4/4 tuba. We were told when he bought it that is similar to the older Miraphones. It comes with a Miraphone bag and a Mirafone mouthpiece.

You can read about it and view photos at:

www.Pro-Comm-Online.com/TUBA.htm
Lew
5 valves
5 valves

Re: Karl Ziess BBb For Sale

Post by Lew »

MomX4 wrote:My son is selling his Karl Ziess BBb 4/4 tuba. We were told when he bought it that is similar to the older Miraphones. It comes with a Miraphone bag and a Mirafone mouthpiece.

You can read about it and view photos at:

www.Pro-Comm-Online.com/TUBA.htm
I think that Karl Ziess tubas were actually made by Cerveny. There has been discussion of them in the past. From what I remember they were some of the better Cerveny stencils.
MomX4
bugler
bugler

More about the Karl Ziess

Post by MomX4 »

Thanks for the info. Yes, you are correct about the Karl Ziess being made by Cerveny. I found this link on the old Tubenet. FYI!

http://www.chisham.com/tips/bbs/dec1999 ... 20212.html

Posted by Chuck Jackson on December 30, 1999 at 19:48:01:

In Reply to: ZIESS TUBAS***I NEED INFO posted by Tom Brekhus on December 30, 1999 at 18:10:17:

Tom, every Zeiss tuba I have played has been exceptional. They are East German in origin, look alot like Alexanders, but the pitch has been way better. I found the sound to be very even over the entire scale. One that I played while I was in the military was one of the best BBb tuba's I have ever played. I wish I had bought it. I think they arequite good across the board. I play a Zeiss F tuba that has had major work done on it, ie; fifth valve added and dents removed. It plays very well, I would put it up against horns in the high price bracket. I wouldn't hesitae to try the instrument. Dave Fedderly doesn't sell junk, and my guess is it must be pretty good if he is showing it on the site. Try it first, but I wouldn't be suprised if you loved it.
Tom
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Tom »

Wow...that's an old post of mine...

At the time I had located a Ziess that seemed to actually be an Alexander. I never found out for sure if it was or not, but it looked way, way, way more like an Alex than a Cerveny.

That said, the only solid information I was able to obtain suggested that Ziess tubas were made by Cerveny.
jmerring
3 valves
3 valves

BBb 4V Miraphone

Post by jmerring »

Deleted by jmerring 2/21/06
Last edited by jmerring on Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.