FS - Modified MW2265 prototype

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
alazzeri
bugler
bugler

FS - Modified MW2265 prototype

Post by alazzeri »

For Sale:

The original Meinl Weston 2265 prototype, handmade by Warren Deck in 2002. While this model is listed as a 6/4 CC by the manufacturer, I believe it plays more like a 5/4 now. Matt Walters recently installed a 45slp leadpipe, which has improved the response dramatically. It now responds very evenly between registers, even those which typically do not in the 2165 (1st, 5th, 6th partials). The sound is similar in richness of color to the 2165, but with a more clearly defined body. The flexibility is now that of a 4/4 horn, as is the efficiency. Stretching phrases and running out of air is no longer an issue.
Last edited by alazzeri on Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Olka
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Chris Olka »

Bump for Tony on this tuba. I played this horn when Warren did the work on it and it was one of two of his personal horns. Anybody familiar with Warren's workmanship knows that the quality of the work is fantastic. Warren took jewelry making classes when he was younger and it translated into real attention to detail. As it regards this horn in particular, Warren did the best work because it was his own horn and every detail got attention. I really liked this horn then and with the modifications to it now I would think that it should really be a great tuba. Good luck Tony.
Chris Olka
alazzeri
bugler
bugler

bump

Post by alazzeri »

I will entertain reasonable offers.
alazzeri
bugler
bugler

bump

Post by alazzeri »

bump
ThomasP
3 valves
3 valves

Post by ThomasP »

Thomas Peacock
Huttl for life
Schilke 66
alazzeri
bugler
bugler

fs

Post by alazzeri »

still for sale
alazzeri
bugler
bugler

Midwest

Post by alazzeri »

The horn is still available and will be at Midwest, most likely toward the end of the week (Dec. 20-22). Please email or pm in advance.
Last edited by alazzeri on Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alazzeri
bugler
bugler

LOWER PRICE!!!

Post by alazzeri »

I had considered keeping it, because everytime I pick it up I remember what a great horn it is, but unfortunately I can't afford to own 2 CC's. If you are at all interested in buying any 6/4 you should seriously consider giving it a try. I've had several people play it who are not fond of the 2165, but were very pleasantly surprised when they played this. Please email or pm me for any questions, playing arrangements, or additional pictures.
Last edited by alazzeri on Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
alazzeri
bugler
bugler

another price drop

Post by alazzeri »

Bump
Last edited by alazzeri on Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alazzeri
bugler
bugler

SOLD

Post by alazzeri »

Sold! Thanks to everyone who showed interest.

-Anthony
alazzeri
bugler
bugler

thanks

Post by alazzeri »

That's what I'm here for. And thanks for the kind words, guys!