Looking to try a CC horn in the New England area!

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Lew
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Lew »

Rayburn music and Osmuns in Boston generally have a few tubas in stock, but not usually that much of a variety. I suggest that it's worth making the 6 hour drive to New Jersey to go to Dillon Music. Call ahead and make an appointment and you will have an opportunity to play many new and used horns. From there it's another 3-4 hours drive to Baltimore where you could try out another large number of tubas at Baltimore Brass. Given the size of the investment you will be making I would think that it would be worth a road trip.
glangfur
bugler
bugler

Post by glangfur »

Rayburns is having a HUGE sale right now. They are advertising 30-50% off everything in the store. I don't know what they have in the way of tubas, but I know they have some quality euphs.

I doubt Osmun will have any tubas in stock.

You should ask your new teacher Matt Gaunt for help. He'll probably see this topic and respond at some point anyway. Matt's tried a lot of tubas... :wink:
Gabe Langfur
Bass Trombonist
Rhode Island Philharmonic
Vermont Sympony

Lecturer of Bass Trombone, Boston University
Guest Artist/Teacher in Trombone, U of RI

S. E. Shires Co.
gabe@seshires.com" target="_blank" target="_blank
Adam C.
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Adam C. »

Email me at "acrowe2852(at)comcast.net" if you'd care to try a PT-6P- I'm located in southeast CT and could probably find some time for you.

edit: Also have a HB-2P, MW45 SLP, and Besson 981 on hand- none for sale of course but you're welcome to try them.