Ibanez 6-String bass for sale

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Mike Finn
3 valves
3 valves

Ibanez 6-String bass for sale

Post by Mike Finn »

Ibanez SR 406. This is a great bass for someone looking to move up to "the mighty six" as they (used to) say. It's very clean, solid, looks nice and sounds great. 3 band active EQ, volume and blend. Has been professionally set up, nice low action. Comfortable string spacing, very slim, flat neck profile. Easy to play, have no fear! Asking $300, plus exact s/h. Comes with decent hard case.

I'm selling because I have decided that I don't really need the Low B for much of what I was using this for (mostly jazz and chording), and have re-strung one of my 5's with the high C instead.

More pics available, e-mail or PM if you need me to talk you into buying this.
:wink:
MF
pulseczar
3 valves
3 valves

Post by pulseczar »

As our fellow musicians in the TalkBass forums would say, GAS!

Five string basses are like the four strings, only they traditionally have a fifth string tuned to a low B. Six strings have a low B on one end and a high C on the other. I love my 5 string because the thicker gauge really does add a lot more depth to the tone of the lower notes plus the extra lowness is freaking awesome.

I'd love to buy this axe Mike, but I have a tuba to pay. Maybe in a couple months, if it's still on tubenet.
Mike Finn
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Mike Finn »

Bass is on hold, thanks for the interest!
:D
MF