My 1292 for your 188?!?

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Keith Sanders
bugler
bugler

My 1292 for your 188?!?

Post by Keith Sanders »

Hi fellow tubenetters, I have a Miraphone 1292 "New Yorker" tuba that I bought directly after ITEC this past summer. I also have a Reunion Blues Gig Bag and MTS Hard Case for it. I got this horn from WWBW after spending time with it and talking to Roger. I have now decided that I need to downgrade a lil in size. The 1292 is a wonderful horn with even response, great intonation, and a massive low register, but I am looking for something a lil smaller. The horn has a few cosmetic dings in it from usual wear and tear, I have used this horn for EVERYTHING since I got it. I just cant get used to the piston valves, I had an old Mira 186 before this horn, and I would rather something a lil smaller in size. I am looking to trade my horn and cases for someone elses Miraphone 188. I would aslo need a gig bag for it. But I would be looking for a newer 188 in great shape with a big low register. Please send me a pm if anyone has a 188 that they would like to give up for a bigger horn.

Thanks
Keith Sanders

Northwestern State University- MM in Music Performance- Spring 2017
Thomas Edison State College- BA in Music- 2010
Keith Sanders
bugler
bugler

Post by Keith Sanders »

Tuba is on hold pending.
Keith Sanders

Northwestern State University- MM in Music Performance- Spring 2017
Thomas Edison State College- BA in Music- 2010
tbn.al
6 valves
6 valves

Post by tbn.al »

That didn't take long. Congratulations on finding a match.

I feel your pain on the piston/valve thing but on a smaller scale. I play a Mirafone 184 in quintet and tried my best to replace it with a Yanaha 621. Just could not get the piston horn to sound like I wanted. After 4 months I sold the Yamaha. Good luck!
I am fortunate to have a great job that feeds my family well, but music feeds my soul.