WTB: jalousie windows...???

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
tbn.al
6 valves
6 valves

Post by tbn.al »

I sure hope you are in Hawaii or a similar clime. I grew up with those damn things. They are drafty in the winter and leak A/C in the summer. I got a great deal of pleasure out of busting up a whole house of them when my parent's finally renovated. I have personally destroyed at least 100 panes.

Of course there is the possibility that you have discovered an obtuse use for them.
I am fortunate to have a great job that feeds my family well, but music feeds my soul.
Rick F
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Rick F »

I also grew up with those in our house here in S. Florida (back in the 50's). They were originally designed for hot climates before A/C was invented -- or affordable. If you opened them up all the way, you could get a pretty good breeze blowing thru your house. If it was raining, you could close them down about 3/4 and still have some air movement without it raining in. The only houses I still see with Jalousie windows here in S. Florida are the older homes where folks can't afford to replace them or... don't have A/C. I replaced ours in our first home's Florida room (enclosed porch) myself about 35 years ago. They leaked heat & A/C like a sieve. I couldn't give the old panes away... just had to smash them up and toss 'em.

Who knows, maybe you'll find a source for these Joe. Maybe you should call around to some window businesses in your area and ask if they know where you could acquire these. Maybe you'll get lucky.
Miraphone 5050 - Warburton mpc (Brandon Jones)
YEP-641S (on long-term loan to grandson)
DE mpc (102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank)