Mirafone (yamafone) 186 BBb SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
ArnoldGottlieb
4 valves
4 valves

Mirafone (yamafone) 186 BBb SOLD

Post by ArnoldGottlieb »

I'm selling a mirafone 186 BBb with a Yamaha bell, put together by Dan Schultz (tubatinker on this board). Plays fine, I'm selling because it's a spare and not the right spare for me. It's located near NYC. I might be interested in Upright/Electric basses, a bell front tuba, euphonium, or who knows? 1800$ would be perfect also.
Thanks.
Arnold S. Gottlieb

pics on request---and you'll still find it on Dan's site.
Last edited by ArnoldGottlieb on Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ArnoldGottlieb
4 valves
4 valves

Post by ArnoldGottlieb »

bloke wrote:A.G.,

The price is MORE THAN fair, Dan did a great job with that horn, and you'll sell it by dinner time.

I'd be interested, but I'm tapped out because of this current expected expense: viewtopic.php?t=19964

Otherwise, would you consider bartering for, maybe, $2K worth of carbon offsets?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_offset
Hey Blokebaby,
The price is fair, I just have too much stuff. Thanks for the link, but I just moved 5 minutes on foot from the train to New York City, and 3 miles by bike to my theatre "day gig". I'm guessing my emissions should be going down pretty soon. I'd take a CC helicon if you've got one laying around though..... :lol:
Peace.
ASG
ArnoldGottlieb
4 valves
4 valves

Post by ArnoldGottlieb »

bloke wrote:As it is after 10 P., and someone already sent you a note about this under-priced gem, I'm guessing :?: it is sold.

Whoever bought/is buying your tuba is quite clever. I missed out on a deal that was the equivalent of the super deal you're offering on one of those mowers (see link above) yesterday because I acted too slowly.

bloke "who wasn't under the impression that trains/theatres/bicycle factories/air compressors were emission-free nor carbon-neutral. Frankly, I suspect the entire movement is some sort of retro to Middle Ages Catholicism."

Good points......I can only do the work of one man......
And yes, it's probably sold. It's between someone who can make a local pickup and the first person who commited to having it shipped. Local is easiest, and first is first, just working out the details.
Can't tell who's clever though...........
Peace.
ASG
ArnoldGottlieb
4 valves
4 valves

Post by ArnoldGottlieb »

bloke wrote:
It's between someone who can make a local pickup and the first person who commited to having it shipped. Local is easiest, and first is first, just working out the details.

When I'm trying to buy something that is a really good deal (similar to the deal your tuba), if I'm not local to the seller, I usually get schoozed out by locals. I've learned (when I REALLY want something) to tell the seller, "I'm on my way with the cash. I'll be there in six[teen, etc.] hours..."
Thanks for the advice. My next PM is a deadline............

Peace.
ASG