Rudy 5/4 for sale; Looking for a 182 or 621 to test

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
timayer
3 valves
3 valves

Rudy 5/4 for sale; Looking for a 182 or 621 to test

Post by timayer »

I have a Rudy 5/4 I would like to sell. I'm not looking to get rid of it today, so no rush. It's an older one (I'm not the original owner), and the lacquer has been roughly taken off the bell. It wasn't a pro job, so it's rather disheartening to look at, but it isn't any problem in terms of the quality of the horn. No real dings, just a couple coin-sized ones on the bottom bow. All the valves were vented by Mr. Meinl, and there is a 3rd valve slide kicker and a main tuning slide kicker, but I took the latter off because it's really not needed. It's a very good old horn with a gorgeous dark sound on it, though it does take a fair amount of air to play. I'm selling it because I have a PT-6, and I'm looking to fund an F tuba. I'm looking for $6,000, but I'm willing to be flexible. I'll try to get some pictures up in the next day or two.

On that note, I am looking into getting an F tuba, and I was wondering if anyone had a 621 or 182 in the New England or Pittsburgh area they are selling or that I could just play on to get a feel for the horns. If anyone who has an F like these is looking for big Rudy, that would work too.

I'll be going between Connecticut and Pittsburgh a bunch in the next couple months, so if anyone wants to play the Rudy, let me know, and we can work something out.

Tim
hugechunkofmetal
bugler
bugler

Post by hugechunkofmetal »

With the prices of new Rudy's these days you should keep it and sell the pt-6. There are more than enough pt-6's floating around if you want one in the future.
timayer
3 valves
3 valves

Post by timayer »

I thought about that, but this PT-6 is one of the best CC's I've ever played and literally the only PT-6 I've ever liked, so I'm very averse to giving it up.
TubaSailor
bugler
bugler

Pm'd - Pictures?

Post by TubaSailor »

Pm'd you - do you have any pictures of the Rudy?
Rudy RMC50
Rudy 4345R
Mira 181-6GB
Gronitz BBb Kaiser (for sale)
Custom Kanstul 1662
King 4B
York pea-shooter
French Tuba in C
timayer
3 valves
3 valves

Post by timayer »

Sold
cambrook
pro musician
pro musician

Tuning slide kicker

Post by cambrook »

Hi Tim,

I pm'd you a while back about the main tuning slide kicker. Did the buyer take that too or do you still have it?
Cameron Brook
West Australian Symphony Orchestra
www.waso.com.au
timayer
3 valves
3 valves

Post by timayer »

Yeah, I sent the Rudy and everything involved with the Rudy out to California.