WTB: Miraphone 186 BBb main tuning slide

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

WTB: Miraphone 186 BBb main tuning slide

Post by iiipopes »

Those of you who have surfed the forum recently know the situation: recently I purchased a Miraphone 186 BBb detachable bell from Tuba Exchange with both the original forward bell and a cobbled up St Pete bell for an upright. Even though the tuba sounds fine and intonates as you would expect a 186, the upright bell was too short and Dan Schultz had to extend the tuning slide for it to play in tune. He did a superlative job, by the way.

Now I'm getting ready to get the recording bell up and running. But since I had to have the original tuning slide extended for the upright bell, and since I'll have to keep it that way to use the upright bell, I need another stock main tuning slide so I can have something for the recording bell.

The tuba is a 1971, and the main tuning slide is the standard BBb tuning slide, which both legs are the same, and are a little bit larger diameter than the individual rotor valve slides.

Used is preferable to match the patina on the rest of the tuba. Dents are OK if they're not too flat and can be taken out.

Please PM first, then we can discuss by email off forum to conserve Sean's bandwidth.

Thanks. Looking forward to hearing from y'all.
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by iiipopes »

I still need a slide. Anybody?
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder