SOLD: Yamaha Eb tuba (YEB-321S) with hard case

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Alex F
4 valves
4 valves

SOLD: Yamaha Eb tuba (YEB-321S) with hard case

Post by Alex F »

After much thought, I've decided to sell my Yamaha Eb tuba, a YEB-321S.

This horn was purchased in November 2005 from Dan Oberloh. According to Dan, it was owned by a pro who sold it when he retired. It was obviously very well cared for and Dan serviced it in his wonderful way before he shipped it to me.

This is an earlier model of the YEB-321S (about 1979 or 1980). The valves are great, the slides all pull fine. The horn has a few (three or four) minor "love taps" but these are qute small. The finish is great.

The tuba comes with a case which is in great shape save for some scuff marks and the loss of some of the edge stripping around the valence (I pulled it off and put it in the storage compartment). This case, however, has no wheels.

I'm seekingg $2,400 for the tuba and case, plus shipping and will listen to reasonable offers. The posted sales price for these new is over $5k. There is no mouthpiece. The horn is available in Chicago for a playtest. Sorry, I will only ship within the continental USA.

I'm selling because, for the amount of tuba playing I do, a BBb is all I need.

I invite your PMs or e-mails and thank you for your interest.

Alex F.

05/26/07: So you all wants pictures??? Pictures you gots

Below is the most significant boo-boo. It came with the horn. There are one or two much smaller ones as well. If you look on the first picture, there's a small ping on the bottom bow. Dan O. calls these "dents of love".

The case actually looks better than the picture. Some of the valence edge stripping has come off (rolled up and in the case if you want to glue it back on). Note there are no wheels on this older model.

Last edited by Alex F on Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:09 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Alex F
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Alex F »

The tuba has been sold. Thanks to all for your interest and inquiries.
Alex F
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Alex F »

Spoke too soon . . . the prospective buyer was unable to complete the transaction so the tuba is again available.

If you have previously contacted me about this horn, please feel free to do so again.

Alex F.
Alex F
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Alex F »

Can't think of anything too creative right now, so:

BUMP
Alex F
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Alex F »

up she goes
Alex F
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Alex F »

bada boom . . .

bada bing . . .

bada BUMP
rosotuba
lurker
lurker

Post by rosotuba »

Is this horn still available? If so, e-mail me at roso84@comcast.net.
Alex F
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Alex F »

rosotuba:

I sent you an e-mail.

For anyone else, my e-mail is alexzf@azflaw.com

Thanks for your interest

Alex F.
Alex F
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Alex F »

This tuba continues to reside in its hard case, looking for a new home.
Alex F
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Alex F »

I will take the liberty of a bump for the new pictures. This my first attempt at this and I've been up all night figuring out how to do it. Be nice.
WakinAZ
Community Band Button-Masher

Post by WakinAZ »

The pix look excellent - great resolution and none of the glare mine always seem to have. Sweet horn. About a grand more than I can spend on an eefer though. I'm waiting for a less cosmetically attractive YEB-321 in lacquer or bare brass to show up somewhere. These don't come up for sale too often it seems, so people must hang on to them. Good luck on the sale.

Eric "envious" L.
MikeMason
6 valves
6 valves

Post by MikeMason »

That sounded like a veiled offer.Anyone listening?...
Pensacola Symphony
Troy University-adjunct tuba instructor
Yamaha yfb621 with 16’’ bell,with blokepiece symphony
Eastman 6/4 with blokepiece symphony/profundo
Alex F
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Alex F »

I don't believe that the YEB-321 comes in anything but silver. I've neither seen nor heard of a lacquer version. If I'm wrong please correct me.

Thanks for the comments on the pics. I took them on the balcony of my condo in order to use natural light and not use flash. It was a very overcast day here so that helped difuse the light as well. The camera is a Nikon D50 DSLR and the pics were slightly edited using the bundled VERY basic Nikon PictureProject software. From there they went into the Photobucket.

To post, I just copied and pasted the "image tag" that appears under each photo in the Photobucket album right into the post. It worked fine, even for this first timer.
Alex F
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Alex F »

Bob1062 wrote:
MikeMason wrote:That sounded like a veiled offer.Anyone listening?...
If Alex will take a grand for it, I'll personally mug someone TONIGHT! :shock:
Gee, Bob, allow me to protect you from descending into a life of crime . . .

No he won't
Alex F
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Alex F »

I'm in a good mood today, so here's the deal . . .

You buy it. I'll pay for shipping to your door. Shipping will be by DHL ground, insured for full value. PLEASE NOTE: this shipping offer only applies to shipments to the continental USA. DHL will deliver to your residence (someone will have to be there to sign for it) or to a friendly (to you) place of business. This shipping offer can be rescinded at any time.

Also, the tuba and hard case come together. I won't sell separately.

Alex F.
Alex F
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Alex F »

It's the middle of June
My horn ain't sold
I might as well bump this
if I may be so bold
WakinAZ
Community Band Button-Masher

Post by WakinAZ »

Bob1062 wrote:
Sell your other 2 horns!! :D
I will if you will Bobster.

Bump for Alex F. - come out of the woodwork you lurkers and make this guy an offer.

Eric "can't believe this thing ain't sold yet" L.
Alex F
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Alex F »

Sorry folks, I've been out of town for a few days. A deposit has been paid on the tuba and the sale should finalize this weekend. Since I've had two other "sold" stories, I was not saying anything until the $$$ are in and the tuba is gone. Thanks for all the recent inquiries.
Alex F
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Alex F »

She's gone. On her way to a new home in the capable hands of a former US Marine Band member in Virginia. He and his wife came to pick her up today.

Sniff . . . Sniff . . .