FS: pt10p

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
alazzeri
bugler
bugler

FS: pt10p

Post by alazzeri »

For sale: PT10 piston valve, old valve set

The horn was purchased 9 years ago, and until now was the best F (all things considered) that I've ever played. I'm getting rid of it because I just bought the best F I've played, so I really have no use for it any longer other than for sentimental reasons. As far as the "all things considered", this primarily takes into account sound, response, and intonation.

The instrument has seen some wear and tear, though it is cosmetic. There are a number of dings and dents, mostly from flying. There is also some lacquer wear. However, I took it to Custom Music 2 weeks ago and Kevin Powers said that it's in great shape for its age. The dents are admittedly not terribly attractive, but again, they're cosmetic.

As most people are not familiar with these tubas, I would say the the best tuba on the market to compare it to would be the Gronitz PF, but I still like this one better. The sound is a good blend of German and American, and unlike the Gronitz and even the newer pt10p (larger valve section), it has a very clear core to the sound.

That all being said, it is an extremely even and versatile horn. I have worked with it orchestrally just as much if not more than in chamber and solo music. This is possible not only because of the ease of the low register, but also because it has the weight to support a section very well.

The horn is located in Cincinnati, Ohio. Please email or pm for more details. While I don't have pictures yet, I will post these in the coming week.
Last edited by alazzeri on Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nft
bugler
bugler

Your tuba

Post by nft »

Hey A......!!!!!!!
I like your tuba. Don't sell it and instead take my 45slp in trade!!! Either that or don't sell it and hold on it until I sell my 45slp and then sell your horn to me for whatever I get for my horn!!!!!!!!! Great, thanks!!! So go ahead and send it to me and I'll pay you the next time I have $5500.

Nathan
Thomas Maurice Booth
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Thomas Maurice Booth »

I know Nathan is good for it. Give him the horn!

TMB
I post because you're unable to Google.