Meinl Weston 2155 for sale

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Tom Haggerty
lurker
lurker

Meinl Weston 2155 for sale

Post by Tom Haggerty »

Hey y'alls. I am selling my Meinl Weston 2155 CC tuba. The description is as follows:

"This instrument is another result of the continuing cooperation of Meinl-Weston with Warren Deck. It was designed to perform equally as a great orchestral instrument as well as a quintet horn." (from the wwbw website)

5/4 size
Model Warren Deck
4 piston steel valves (Big Valve)
Bore: .748in - .787in
5th valve rotary valve (.807in) thumb operated
Bell diameter: 17.5in

The retail value is $11,200. I am offering this horn for $6666. This includes a red aluminum flight case, and Altieri gig bag. The flight case is excellent; I've taken about eight round-trips with no damage.

I was very satisfied with this tuba. I played it for close to seven years (high school and five years at Northwestern). I would love to keep it, but I must sell it because I recently picked up a Yorkbrunner and can't afford to keep both!

Serious inquiries only, please. You can reach me by email for now. t-haggerty@alumni.northwestern.edu

My cell phone does not get service here in Chautauqua, NY (I'm here until August 17), but we can arrange to talk on the office phone if you'd like. Pictures are available upon request. The horn is currently in Morristown, NJ (north center of the state), and play-tests can be arranged.
MomX4
bugler
bugler

Finish

Post by MomX4 »

Is it Silver or lacquer?

Please also check your email.
Tom Haggerty
lurker
lurker

color

Post by Tom Haggerty »

The MW 2155 is lacquer.
Tom Haggerty
lurker
lurker

pictures of the tuba

Post by Tom Haggerty »

-
Last edited by Tom Haggerty on Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MomX4
bugler
bugler

Tuba SOLD

Post by MomX4 »

This tuba is sold!!!

Thank you TubeNet!!!

Amtrak was a great way to ship. The tuba was in a flight case and arrived safely in 4 days from New Jersey to Washington state.

Now we really need to sell out Karl Ziess BBb 4/4 tuba. See other post.